Are you an adrenaline junkie, craving for that next thrill while being surrounded by nature’s grandeur? In New Zealand, there are awesome adventure parks with exciting ziplines that give a thrilling experience with epic views.
This blog explores adventure parks in New Zealand, focusing on ziplining as a sport and highlighting unique locations to visit. Hold on tight, we’re about to embark on a breathtaking journey!
- Ziplining in New Zealand’s adventure parks offers a unique adventure that combines nature, thrill, and discovery.
- There are many different adventure parks to experience the thrill of ziplining. Some places have ziplines that go up to 150 meters high and are 1.1 kilometers long. They also have amazing views of the scenery.
- Ziplining can be a thrilling corporate team-building activity that promotes trust, communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and teamwork. It can also make for an unforgettable gift experience for adventure seekers.
The Thrill of Ziplining
Ziplining is a unique adventure that offers an adrenaline rush like no other.
Why ziplining is a unique adventure
Ziplining stands alone as a unique adventure because of its exciting blend of nature, thrill and discovery. This high-flying pursuit is more than just an adrenaline rush. It’s a viewpoint into the heart of some of New Zealand’s most stunning landscapes.
Ziplining at Christchurch Adventure Park gives great views of the city, ocean, and Southern Alps from 150 meters high. At West Coast Treetops, you can fly on a zipline at 60km/h, 15 storeys above the ground.
Imagine flying high above the ground, taking in amazing views from different angles. This is unlike other adventures that only offer one perspective. Each ride is a distinct journey where you get not merely incredible views but also exhilarating moments that leave lasting impressions.
The adrenaline rush of ziplining
Ziplining is an adrenaline-charged activity that gets your heart pumping. As you’re strapped in, full body harness secure, you can feel the anticipation building. The moment arrives.
You push away from the platform and suddenly, you’re flying through the air with an exhilarating speed. There’s nothing but clear space around as your feet hang free and a wild whirlwind of excitement takes over.
On New Zealand’s tallest ziplines, you’ll feel euphoric as you fly over stunning views. Adrenaline courses through your veins while wind rushes past, giving a feeling of freedom like no other adventure sport can offer.
Undeniably thrilling, this sensation – this rush of adrenaline – is what draws thrill-seekers to engage in ziplining experiences time and again.
Ziplines at West Coast Treetops Adventure Park
Experience one of the most exciting ziplines in New Zealand at West Coast Treetops. Here, thrill-seekers can soar through the treetops and take in panoramic views of the stunning surroundings.
The zipline experience
Enjoy a magical walk on the Treetop Walkway, up to the 47m high Hokitika Tower. Stop to admire the impressive views before your zipline ride begins!
Strapping on that full body harness and launching off the platform sends a rush of adrenaline pumping through your veins. You can see the Southern Alps and rainforest from high up in the air. You are soaring 15 storeys above native Rimu trees, flying for 425 metres.
The dual zipline allows friends and family to experience the thrill side by side, adding more fun to this adventure seeker’s dream!
Don’t forget closed-toe shoes for safety when getting ready for this eco-adventure at one of New Zealand’s top ziplines.
Top Zipline Locations in New Zealand
Discover the best zipline locations in New Zealand, from the thrilling North Island to the breathtaking South Island.
The North Island’s best ziplines
Thrill-seekers will find a selection of New Zealand’s top zipline experiences located in the North Island.
- Rotorua Canopy Tours is perfect for eco-adventure enthusiasts. This location offers a ziplining forest experience. Glide through the native ecosystem, observing ancient Rimu and Kauri trees from above.
- EcoZip Adventures on Waiheke Island is accessible from Auckland. These zipline tours offer beautiful vistas of vineyards, forests and beaches.
- Adrenalin Forest in Bay of Plenty offers thrilling ziplining and outdoor activities to boost your adrenaline.
The South Island’s top zipline spots
The South Island’s top zipline spots offer exhilarating adventures for all thrill-seekers.
- The ziplines at Christchurch Adventure Park are the tallest and longest in New Zealand. They reach heights of up to 150 meters and stretch over a kilometer in length. Visitors can savour breathtaking views of the city, ocean, and stunning Southern Alps while soaring high above the trees.
- West Coast Treetop Walk and Zipline provides unforgettable experiences in the stunning rainforest ecosystems of Hokitika. Experience the dramatic West Coast landscapes from a unique perspective, while satisfying your adrenaline-cravings too.
- In Queenstown, Ziptrek Ecotours invites adventure enthusiasts to try their hand at ziplining amid snow-capped mountains and pristine lakes.
- Cable Bay Adventure Park in Nelson lets you zip through native forest for panoramic views of the region.
Ziplining as a Corporate Event and Gift Idea
Ziplining is not only a thrilling adventure, but it can also be an excellent choice for corporate team-building events. Ziplining makes for a unique and fun gift idea for friends and family too.
How ziplines can enhance team building
Unleashing the potential of ziplining for team building can create unique and memorable experiences. Here’s why:
- It Breaks down Barriers: Ziplining encourages people to step outside their comfort zones. This common experience leads to increased trust and rapport among team members.
- It Creates Shared Memories: The thrill of soaring over treetops provides a shared memory that can cement relationships within the team.
- It Builds Confidence: Overcoming fears and taking on challenges boosts individual confidence, improving overall team morale.
- It Enhances Communication: Zipline activities require clear communication and teamwork, improving coordination skills within the group.
- It Promotes Problem-solving Skills: Planning team zipline adventures requires creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- It Encourages Supportive Behaviour: Ziplining promotes mutual support as team members encourage each other to tackle the challenge.
Giving the gift of adrenaline
Give adventure seekers a unique gift with a thrilling zipline tour at West Coast Treetop Walkway and Zipline. This thrilling adventure allows them to fly 47m high and zip through trees at an exhilarating speed of 60km per hour.
They will have fun ziplining and enjoy jaw-dropping views of the rainforest and Southern Alps. It’s not just any gift – it’s an epic experience that will create memories to last a lifetime. Perfect for thrill-seekers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Ziplining
What safety measures are in place for ziplining? Are there any age or weight restrictions? What should I wear for a ziplining adventure?
West Coast Treetop Walkway and Zipline takes safety seriously to ensure a thrilling yet secure ziplining experience.
To maximize safety, participants are provided with full body harnesses that ensure a secure connection throughout the ziplining journey. Weight and height restrictions are also in place to prioritize everyone’s safety while enjoying this adrenaline-pumping activity.
Age and weight restrictions
To ensure the safety of all participants, there are age and weight restrictions for ziplining adventures. West Coast Treetop Walkway and Zipline requires participants to be at least 6 years old and weigh at least 30 kgs.
These restrictions are in place to make sure that individuals have the physical ability to handle the zipline experience safely. It’s important to check with the specific adventure park you plan on visiting as some may have different requirements.
If you have any health problems or worries, it’s important to talk to a doctor before doing exciting activities like ziplining.
What to wear
For safety reasons, ziplining adventure participants must wear closed-toe shoes. It is important to choose appropriate clothing based on the weather conditions of the day.
On hot days, light and breathable materials are recommended to keep cool during the activity. Conversely, on cold days it is advised to wear multiple warm layers to stay comfortable throughout the experience.
Remember to choose your outfit carefully for the zipline adventure, as it needs to fit well with the full body harness.
The Ultimate Guide to Ziplining in New Zealand
Discover the best time of year to experience the exhilarating thrill of ziplining, as well as the average cost of this adrenaline-pumping adventure in New Zealand.
Best time of year for ziplining
You can zipline anytime, but summer is usually best for good views and optimal weather conditions. During summer, the weather is warmer and the skies are usually clear, providing perfect conditions for an exhilarating zipline adventure.
Read our blog to plan the best adventure trip in the South Island. Our blog provides helpful information on the best times to visit.
Cost of ziplining
Ziplining in New Zealand is an adventure that offers both thrills and stunning views of the surrounding landscapes. Ziplining prices can vary depending on the location and the length of the experience.
It’s important to note that while ziplining involves a fee, the adrenaline rush and memories created are priceless.
So if you’re an adventure seeker looking for an unforgettable experience, ziplining is definitely worth considering!
Experience the thrill and beauty of ziplining at one of New Zealand’s many great adventure parks, where nature and excitement converge. Take on New Zealand’s highest and longest ziplines, offering breathtaking views of the natural surroundings.
Ziplining is an exciting activity for thrill-seekers and those seeking a special gift. It creates lasting memories that will leave you wanting more. So put on your closed-toe shoes and get ready to soar through the sky in this exhilarating eco-adventure.
1. What can I expect at a Zipline Adventure Park in New Zealand?
At one of NZ’s Zipline Adventure Parks, you’ll soar above breathtaking landscapes at high speeds. You’ll be strapped securely into a harness while you fly through the trees taking in unforgettable views.
2. Is there anything I should bring to my Adventure Park Zipline experience?
Remember to wear closed-toe shoes for your safety while venturing along our forest trails, suspended swing bridges and treetop platforms. Don’t forget your camera to capture amazing moments during your adventure!
3. Are there restrictions on who can zipline?
Yes, if you’re pregnant or suffer from heart conditions or back and neck issues, this activity may not be suitable.
4. What happens if bad weather causes cancellation of my Zipline booking?
If bad weather causes cancellation of your booking, you can usually reschedule or get a refund at most adventure parks.
5. Do Adventure Parks offer gift vouchers for experiences such as canopy ziplining?
Yes! Gift vouchers for the West Coast Treetop Walk and Zipline are perfect for thrill-seekers. They offer the opportunity to explore New Zealand’s ancient forest ecosystem.
6.What other amenities exist around Hokitika’s West Coast Treetop Zipline?
Hokitika has a wide variety of accommodation options from beachfront hotels to family-friendly campsites. Hokitika offers diverse attractions including nature & wildlife tours as well as many great cafes and restaurants.